What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files automatically stored on the hard disks of the Users / Customers’ computers or mobile devices when they access certain websites. Cookies identify the navigation program on the server, enabling the storage of information on the server, in order to improve the experiences of Users / Customers.
The information collected relates to Users / Customers’ browsing preferences, namely the way Users / Customers access and use the Site and the area of the country through which they access, not including, as such, information that identifies them, but mere information generic.
The collected cookies are used exclusively by QCSA, directly or through external entities subcontracted by you.
All browsers allow the respective user to accept, refuse or delete cookies, namely by selecting the appropriate settings in the respective browser.
It is necessary to bear in mind, however, that the deactivation of cookies may affect, partially or totally, the browsing experience on the Site.
The User / Client can configure cookies in the “options” or “preferences” menu of their browser. Below are the various ways to disable cookies, depending on the browser:
Internet Explorer cookie settings: To disable cookies in Internet Explorer:
- Click on the “Tools” menu and choose the “Internet Options” option;
- Select the “Privacy” tab;
- Move the bar until the expression “Block all cookies” appears.
Cookie settings in Mozila Firefox: to disable cookies in Firefox:
- Click on the “Tools” menu;
- Select “Options”;
- Click on the “Privacy” icon;
- In the “Cookies” section, disable the “Accept cookies from sites” option;
- Click “OK” to save the changes and close.
Chrome cookie settings: To disable all cookies in Chrome:
- Click on “Settings” on the toolbar;
- Click on “Show advanced settings”;
- In the “Privacy” section, click on “Content Settings”;
- Select the option “Block data settings by websites”
- You can change the following settings in the “Cookies” section:
- Eliminate cookies;
- Block cookies by default;
- Allow cookies by default;
- Keep cookies and website data by default until you exit your Internet browser;
- Create exceptions for cookies on specific websites or domains;
Cookie settings in Safari Web and iOS: To disable cookies in Safari Web and iOS:
- Click on “Edit”;
- Select “Preferences”;
- In the “Accept cookies” section, select “Never”.
- In the top panel, select the “Privacy” icon;
Other Internet browsers (browser): please look in the “help” menu of the internet browser or contact your supplier.
For more information on cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org (available in English only), where you can find information on how to manage your settings for the various browser providers. If you don’t want your website visits to be detected by Google Analytics, go to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.